BACKGROUND: The picture below is called “Nichijo no Goshin”, or “5 Hearts in one’s Daily Life”. This is a list of five points of how people should be good to one another. This is quite a common thing to find listed in schools and establishments within Japanese society for many decades. It’s origin is unknown, and believed to be of Buddhist background.
5 Hearts in one’s Daily Life / 日常の五心
5 Hearts in one’s Daily Life
– “Yes” is the response of an honest heart
– “I’m sorry” is the response of a remorseful heart
– “I will do it” is the response of an obedient heart
– “I am grateful” is the response of a modest heart
– “Thank you” is the response of an appreciative heart